Wednesday 27 November 2013

Zurich

Zurich is a beautiful city there's no doubt about it; it's obvious to see why it features on so many of the worlds most liveable cities list. It's easy to navigate, the people are lovely and the airport is 10 minutes by train. The only thing that boggles my mind is IT'S SO GOD DAMN EXPENSIVE.

All that fresh air has had a serious effect on the cost of living. To put it in perspective, a meal for two at McDonalds (the go to cheap place to eat for poor backpackers) was 20 CHF (AU$25, £14).

People had said it was expensive and I was kinda thinking 'yeah whatever', people say London is expensive and I don't think it is, you just live within your means. But getting to Zurich was a wake up call; actually having to make sure you had enough money to eat. 

The weather was pretty bad whilst we were there (until the day we left of course when it was glorious and we had to bust out the sunglasses) but we managed to do a self guided walking tour around the city centre. 

We wanted to go on a day trip to the Alps and some of the amazing natural wonders around Zurich but because the weather was so bad we decided against it.

I don't feel like I really got to experience Zurich to the fullest but I think to do that, you have to have some decent money behind you.

Like Norway (somewhere I want to go but can't afford), my return to Switzerland will be put on hold until I've got a decent full time job that could support the kind of magical trip I would want to have there.

Excuse the pics. It was raining the whole time and my lens got wet.

B xoxox





From here you're meant to be able to see the Alps but it was too cloudy


No comments:

Post a Comment