Friday 22 November 2013

Post Prague delightfulness in Vienna

Our second day in Prague was an improvement. We did a great tour,  the best we've experienced so far, and saw all of the beautiful sights.

However, no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't let myself love Prague. It's beautiful don't get me wrong(especially in the old historic town protected by UNESCO) but if it wasn't for the heritage city centre, I don't think Prague offers a great deal.

Other people on our tour also experienced some horrible crimes (well, minor offences according to Czech Policie). One man was pushed to the ground and his passport stolen. Another woman had her handbag taken whilst she tried on shoes.

I felt unsafe in Prague almost all the time. 

Walking around the train station, shady characters eyed us off and would walk so close it was a complete invasion of personal space. 

I'm sure there are a plethora (BOOM WORD OF THE DAY) of people who have been to Prague and had no problems at all but after trying hard to give it a chance to impress me… I was disappointed. 

Vienna on the other hand was an absolute breath of fresh air. Personally, I think architecturally it's equally as impressive as Prague. Vienna is calm compared to the other European cities we've visited. It's amazing at night, all lit up with fairy lights, awakening my christmas spirit with all the winter markets.

Today we wound our way through the Swiss Alps to Zurich. The journey here alone has sold me already. It took over nine hours on the train but it was worth it for the views. Tomorrow we shall investigate the city and play in the snow.

Bianca

xxxoxox

PRAGUE SERIES


St Vitus Cathedral at Prague Castle

Church of Our Lady Before Týn AND SOME LIGHTS

St Nicholas Church


We ate lunch in a dark medieval cellar

Charles Bridge and Prague Castle up on the hill



Stairs to Charles Bridge


No comments:

Post a Comment