Tuesday 3 December 2013

Round Up

I've been to Europe a few times but this was my first official 'eurotrip' sans parents, self funded.
I've learnt so much, not just about travelling but also about myself and my limits. I really enjoyed planning the whole trip and getting to experience it play out. I also know how to improve for next time. 

A lot of people choose to take eurotrips with tour groups like Contiki or Bus About. This is a great way to get a taste of a lot of places without having to worry about what time your train leaves or how to get to the airport. I think if it's your first time in Europe, it's definitely the way to go.

There is nothing more rewarding however than going on a self guided journey across the continent. Choose to stay longer if you love it or leave if it doesn't tickle your fancy. The freedom of travelling without the constraints of other people is a beautiful thing.

Here are some stats.

Duration of trip: 1 month

Countries visited: 7

Cities visited:  11

Most expensive beer: €10.95 in Paris, round the corner from the eiffel tower (DUH). 

Best place for a good time: They don't call it Amsterdamage for nothing.

Skateboarding: The skate scene is massive in The Netherlands, the indoor parks that we visited were packed. Germany also has a big scene that's a lil more laid back.

Most expensive city: Zurich, by a mile.

Cheapest: Germany overall was pretty cheap. 

Prettiest: Paris then Vienna but I'm biased, I want to be a Parisian. 


I pretty much looked exactly like this for a solid 4 weeks


1 comment:

  1. Very efficiently written story. It will be valuable to anyone who utilizes it, as well as yours truly :). Keep doing what you are doing – i will definitely read more posts. Hotels in Frankfurt-Oder

    ReplyDelete