Sunday 29 December 2013

The Cambridge Weekender

A few weekends ago I had the pleasure of meeting up with some friends in the famous university town of Cambridge. Only an hour and a half by coach from London, it made for a nice little get away from the countries capital. 

Cambridge is really picturesque especially around the university colleges. There is lots of open space and pretty manicured gardens. It's full of history which makes for an interesting walk around town.

I didn't get to see everything but my highlight was definitely Kings College Chapel and it's surrounding grounds.

Oh, and I learnt all about punting (boat in shallow water pushed along by giant pole) which is something I'd never seen before. Next time i'll have to get involved. 

It's my last week in London before I head to Australia for some summer sun.

I'll try to post again before the new year.

B xxx



Kings College Chapel

Clare College, Cambridge

Clare College, Cambridge

Punting along River Cam


No comments:

Post a Comment